Medical Program – Bodhi Tree (PMT)
Bodhi Tree (PMT) is a comprehensive 2 year program that trains students to handle the Medical entrance test preparation. There are three major entrance exams in India for admission to MBBS program.
- All India Pre-Medical Test (AIPMT/NEET): Conducted by the CBSE itself, this exam is taken by over 300,000 students annually. Students can get admitted to 15% of the seats available in all government medical colleges in India through the AIPMT.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Entrance Examination: AIIMS is regarded as one of the best medical schools in Asia. The MBBS entrance exam is taken by around 300,000 students every year.
- State Entrance Exams: Taken by 150,000 students in each state, leading to admission in State Engineering colleges.Several other reputed medical colleges, including the Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore and the Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Post-graduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) conduct their own entrance examinations.
The students based in GULF are eligible to appear for all the entrance exams mentioned above. With the respect and popularity that Indian Doctors have generated all over the world, it is not surprising that the number of students taking these tests has gone up significantly.
At Meccademia, Student-trainer interactive sessions are conducted in conventional classrooms. We deploy the Chalk and Talk learning system with very good results. We upgrade our delivery systems on a continuous basis – be it teaching methods, course planning, academic content, student feedback, reference material, testing tools, etc. Besides teacher training and standardizing teaching techniques, Meccademia also uses audio, video, web and electronic testing tools to improve the learning experience.
The differentiator of our products and offerings is the qualification and experience of the team of trainers, the product content, and the product delivery which includes Audio-Visual learning. All the enrolled candidates will have access to the online information system. This information system will be used as a communication-point, source for sending content and homework. All the students will have access to our web-based learning resources that will include video recordings of important chapters, problems for practice, formulae list, animations etc.
The two-year course is divided into two phases:
Begins in April 2014 and continues till the end of January 2015. A total of 475 contact hours are available to the student in addition to doubt clearing sessions. The first year is separated into two phases:
Phase I Covers all concepts and applications relevant to the CBSE syllabus prescribed for class XI.
Phase II will build upon the knowledge acquired in the first phase. Additional concepts will be introduced in accordance with the syllabi for various medical entrance examinations. Also, concepts and applications addressed in phase I will now be treated at a higher level of complexity. Second phase would have greater focus on sharpening the problem solving skills by relating the concepts across various subject areas. Relevant topics from earlier classes will be revisited from time to time.
Begins in April 2015 and continues till the end of January 2016. A total of 790 contact hours are available to the student in addition to doubt clearing sessions. The second year would have three phases:
Phase I covers all concepts and applications relevant to the prescribed CBSE syllabus for class XII.
Phase II would build upon the knowledge acquired in the first phase. Additional concepts will be introduced in accordance with the syllabi for various medical entrance examinations. Also, concepts and applications addressed in phase I will now be treated at a higher level of complexity. Second phase would have greater focus on sharpening the problem solving skills by relating the concepts across various subject areas. Relevant topics from earlier classes will be revisited from time to time.
Phase III would be devoted to a revision of all the concepts and applications covered till that time in the course. This would be a highly intensive phase, with the students being subjected a large number of challenging problems from competitive exam papers. (Class XI revision: 40-50% of the entrance level questions are based on class XI, hence critical concept revision is very important at this stage)
Testing is an integral part of the program and parents will be updated regularly about the progress of the child. Tests will be of two types, one pertaining to BOARD/SCHOOL syllabus and other pertaining to entrance exams. The Test Series will begin in September 2014 and will consist of 8 AIPMT/NEET papers, 4 AIIMS papers and several other state entrance exam papers. Two Mock board exams will also be conducted before March 2015.
- Continuous testing and evaluation of the student’s performance
- Curriculum supports the school system
- Homogenization of batches using test scores
- Customized assignments allowing every student to learn at his/her own pace
- Unlimited doubts support
- Information and counseling support for admission into Indian Medical Colleges